Skip to content
Eczema and Cosmetics: What to Avoid
- Acids (Glycolic acid, salicylic acid) – they are a problem for people with eczema because they dry out your skin.
- Retinol – irritates eczema skin
- Harsh chemicals (propylene glycol, methylparaben or butylparaben) – lead to inflammation. Use cosmetics with natural preservatives instead.
- Fragrances – can trigger eczema flare-ups.
- Essential oils – althought natural and in some cases helpful, I would go fully Unscented -Fagrance-Free (avoiding any essential oils in the eczema products).